Hard facing refers to the utilizing of wear resistant material to the surface of industrial equipment through processes like welding, thermal spraying or any other industrial process. Metals can be applied to different part of a machine to help protect those from wear and tear.
There are various kinds of hard facing processes. These include the following:
- Application of carbide mixtures. These are the most common kind of hard facing technique. These provide the machines with internal strength. It is done through plasma spraying or flame spraying.
- Cladding is another kind of hard surfacing. The materials are clad onto the substrates and a furnace help these fuse together and form prearranged layers
- The next kind I the tungsten hard surfacing. Thee powders are used in thermal spray coatings. It can be designed into spherical shaped pellets. These powders generally consist of 6 to 8% cobalt.
The benefits of tungsten hard surfacing
Tungsten hard surfacing allows you to make the most out of your auger teeth. Since drilling conditions tend to get pretty rough, it’s wise to invest in cutter tools which can withstand all kind of wear and tear. It is important to choose tools which have high hardness properties.
In order to ensure that the teeth offer the best hard protection it’s important to make sure that these have undergone tungsten hard surfacing. Carbide tungsten is one of the most common compounds used for hard facing. It helps strengthen the industrial machine tools. Normally the usual teeth equipment found in the market are standard quality and do not provide the efficiency required for professional cutting.
The following are some of the benefits of tungsten hard surfacing:
- It can help prolong the life span of the machinery. It helps improve the performance of the auger teeth by providing it with a hard surface which is resistant to all kinds of wear. This means you have a more efficient machine and which would help save you money on repairs as well.
- When buyers are looking for new auger teeth they generally rely on the cutting edge hardness. The metal which is used for construction matters a great deal and this is exactly here tungsten sued as a carbide comes in. Not only tungsten offer the greatest hardness but it also improves the efficiency. It helps improve the cutting performance.
- Using tungsten hard faced tools improves profits. If you are cutting on a commercial basis the efficiency of these tools can greatly help generate more revenues and therefore increase profit in the long run. It not only increases the output but helps save a great deal of time as well.
- Since it’s more efficient and provides a better cutting option it can help save up on fuel as well. a machine with higher efficiency uses less fuel and thereby increase profits.
In other words tungsten hard surfacing has a majority of advantages for all kinds of industrial equipment. When buying new equipment always make sure that it is coated with tungsten. This would improve the productivity and output to a great extent.